Kompakt II DAC
This DAC is available with either a AKM AK4493S or a Philips TDA1541A DAC chip.
Each one has different style of sound so it is worthwhile doing a little online research to see what you prefer.
AK4493S is a brand new release from AKM & uses their top tier premium Velvet Sound Technology.
TDA1541A is a classic & highly regarded multibit DAC originally released in 1988
It is running in Non Oversampling Mode which is a popular choice for multibit DAC’s.
The input options, power supply sections and output stages are all the same it is just the DAC chips & support circuitry that is different.
- Fully imported custom Japanese made solid aluminum case. The case is a high quality 2.5mm thick "clam shell" style with fully machined front and back panels with a satin black finish.
- Dimensions - 160 mm Wide 55 mm High 240 mm Deep. Shipping weight 2.2 Kilo grams
- A highly improved multiple on-board power supplies providing excellent isolation from mains power noise. Functionally this improvement is equivalent to running the DAC from a low noise external linear power supply.
- Very high spec Rybycon PMLCAP acrylic film capacitors used in interstage & output coupling as well as decoupling around the TDA1541A chip.
- Nichicon premium for audio capacitors.
- Sample rate - TDA1541A PCM up to 96K via all inputs.
- Sample rate - AK4493S PCM up to 192K on Coax and USB – up to 96K on Optical.
- Outputs XLR balanced and RCA - can both be used in simultaneous mode.
- Includes Express Post shipping and two year parts and labour warranty.
Contains: Kompakt DAC and EI core multi tap external transformer.