The R2R NOS version uses a AD1862 multibit DAC chip so specification and sound is different to the Wolfson Chip used in the stardard model,
Please email or call me for more info about this
The new digital to analogue converter from Gieseler Audio boasts new technology, improved design, quality, and sound.
It is now based on the Wolfson WM8741 DAC chip.
- Fully imported custom Japanese made solid aluminium case. The case is a high quality 2.5mm thick "clam shell" style with fully machined front and back panels.
- Brand new S/PDIF section based on a premium AKM digital transceiver chip. Features improved sound fidelity from the chip previously used, as well as flawless digital lock on and auto muting functions to avoid unwanted audio artefacts.
- A highly improved on-board main power supply utilizing a quality 500mH choke, providing excellent isolation from mains power noise and assists the main regulator by eliminating sawtooth ripple. Functionally this improvement is equivalent to running the DAC from a low noise external linear power supply.
- Four layer circuit board with full unbroken ground plane, power plane, and the elimination of links/jumpers that were previously required, a significant design improvement.
- PCM up to 192K via USB & Coax (96K Optical) plus native DSD 64 via the USB input.
- Direct balanced DAC chip output using high quality Jensen transformers from the USA.
Includes Express Post and two year parts and labour warranty.
Contains: Kompakt DAC and EI core external transformer.